Foundations & PSCO TRAINING
Foundations for Family Support (Foundations):
Foundations is an in-depth training required for all Family Support Specialists, supervisors and program managers. The training outlines the specific duties of the Family Support Specialists in their role within Healthy Families America. Topics include, but are not limited to: trauma informed practice; communication skills; assessing, addressing; and promoting positive parent-child relationships; creating a trusting alliance with families; goal setting and strategies to enhance family functioning; addressing difficult situations; and ensuring healthy childhood development. This is a four day training, with a fifth day for supervisors and program managers.
Parent Survey for Community Outreach (PSCO):
PSCO training is required for all program staff that will administer the Parent Survey/Family Assessment tool. Supervisors and program managers are also required to attend. The training focuses on building skills to engage parents in the assessment process; learning how to gather comprehensive information from parents related to their strengths and needs using a conversational style; and obtaining guided practice from a certified user to ensure the tool is administered in a standardized and reliable manner. This is a four day training, with a fifth day for supervisors and program managers.
QUICKLINKS FOR TRAVELERS
Cost of training
- $720 – 4-day training with manuals
- $215 – Supervisor day training without manual (for staff who have been to one Supervisor day training only)
- $265 – Supervisor day training with manual
- $935 – 4-Day and Supervisor’s Day training (includes Foundations or PSCO manual only)
- $985 – 4-Day and Supervisor’s Day training (includes Foundations or PSCO manual and supervisor’s manual)
- After you register you will be directed to our PayPal page for payment.
- Once you submit this registration form, you will be accepting the Cancellation/Refund Policy terms and conditions.
- For training cancellations more than 10 business days prior to the first day of training, a fee of $50 per registrant will be charged.
- For training cancellations less than 10 business days prior to the first day of training, a fee of 50% of the registration fee per registrant will be charged.
- Failure to appear at the training without cancellation 72 hours in advance will result in forfeiture of the training fee per registrant in full.
AAP-CA3 reserves the right to cancel or reschedule due to unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, full registration fees will be refunded, however we are not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees or any expenses incurred as a result of such cancellation. If we decide to cancel a class, registrants will be notified at the email address provided at the time of registration.
Please note: breakfast, snacks and lunch will not be provided.